October 18, 2009

My Chair & My Inspiration


My chair is back from being reupholstered! While I've had it a few weeks, I just hadn't found the time to blog about it until now.


Before and after. It love it! It is so comfortable and so cute now! I bought the chair for $100 on Craigslist. Since it was made by Hickory Chair (which is a company we carry at work), I knew that it would be a well-made piece that will last forever. I refinished the legs myself and then had it reupholstered in an ikat fabric. Last weekend I made the brown lumbar pillow for it. I was excited to get my sewing machine out since it had been a while, and now I'm excited to do more projects!


The ikat fabric I chose reminds me so much of the fabric used on the pieces above. That fabric is by Madelin Weinrib and is sold for around $500 per yard! If you aren't familiar with ikat, you should check out this post on ikat at Design*Sponge. True ikat is made by painting the threads before weaving the fabric - which creates the irregular shapes that characterize the patterns. I'm planning to make accent pillows out of the floral fabric to the above right.


That fabric was designed by Celerie Kemble (above) - one of my favorite interior designers. I love her style! And, as you can see in the photo above and the article below, she used the Madelin Weinrib ikat in her nursery! (I'm a green addict too.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments!!