April 21, 2010

Photography = My Latest Hobby

For Christmas, I told Kyle I wanted to take a photography class. With work and everything else, it seemed an online class would be the most convenient. I got a digital SLR camera for graduation from my parents back in 2007, but I left it on the "Auto" setting most of the time. I didn't feel like I was getting the most out of the camera I had. Sharon Clark came along and changed that! I took one of her workshops and really enjoyed it! Here are some of the photos I took during the class. {She's offering the next online workshop in May if you're interested!}


I learned how to achieve bokeh (or wonderfully blurry backgrounds that make the subject really pop).



I love the creative ring shots that wedding photographers take, so I decided to try one of my own with a play on Kyle's nickname for me, Egg.


Kyle was excited for me to take the class but not as excited to serve as the subject matter. ;)


I can now shoot in fully manual, and I know how to have control over the camera to get the look that I want.


Now I just need a new camera and a new lens or two! Isn't that the way technology works these days? :) But I'm trying to be patient, at least until next Christmas.


Then Moses said to the Israelites, "See, the LORD has chosen Bezalel son of Uri, the son of Hur, of the tribe of Judah, and he has filled him with the Spirit of God, with skill, ability and knowledge in all kinds of crafts - to make artistic designs for work in gold, silver and bronze, to cut and set stones, to work in wood and to engage in all kinds of artistic craftsmanship. And he has given both him and Oholiab son of Ahisamach, of the tribe of Dan, the ability to teach others. He has filled them with skill to do all kinds of work as craftsmen, designers, embroiderers in blue, purple and scarlet yarn and fine linen, and weavers—all of them master craftsmen and designers.
Exodus 35:30-35

God has given me the desire for all kinds of crafts. Growing up, I enjoyed drawing, painting, cross-stitching, and making collages. When we first got a computer, I spent a lot of time in Paint creating and printing designs. I had a Barbie house, which I loved, but I spent more time rearranging the furniture and making pillows and blankets for it than anything else. In college, I had the opportunity to take classes in so many things, and I don't think I've met a creative subject that I don't like. There is certainly a desire within me to create, and I can't imagine living in a time without the technology that we have today!

2 comments:

  1. Hey y'all, I just went to the Sharon Clark page to see about signing up for the next class... not sure if it'll work out but I was inspired by you! = )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! Sharon is so sweet! You'll have to let me know if you end up doing the class!

    ReplyDelete

We love comments!!